STATUS: Fulltime Salaried (80 hours per two-week pay period)
HOURS: Must be flexible with work hours.
Evenings required. Local and out of State travel will be necessary.
DAYS: Vary as needed. Typically Monday through Friday.
WEEKENDS: As needed.
HOLIDAYS: As needed. On-call rotation required.
CALL: On-call rotation required.
The COO will report to the CEO and be responsible for effectively managing Laboratory, Nutrition Services, CPS and Imaging, Patient Community Relations, and Pharmacy, and assist in reducing costs through Supply Chain, Clinical Effectiveness, Revenue Cycle, and Contract Services.
Top priorities in this role are:
1) Increasing revenue by improving market share and adding new services
2) Performance improvement/Lean/Six Sigma to reduce costs, improve productivity, and increase patient satisfaction
3) Evaluate succession, especially for physicians, and recruit as necessary
4) Build stronger physician relationships resulting in increased referrals
5) Community involvement and engagement
An A player COO will have high performance standards, communicate those expectations clearly, and hold people accountable for achieving goals.
1) Possess Bachelors’ and Masters’ degrees
2) Has at least 15 years healthcare experience, at least 10 years management experience, and has worked for at least three organizations
3) Has the demonstrated ability to join a new organization similar to VWCH and quickly assimilate, build relationships, and tactfully drive change
4) Has the demonstrated ability to help an organization improve from “good” to “great." A turnaround specialist is not desirable.
5) Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with and build relationships with physicians
6) Demonstrated ability to assimilate in a new community and engage local organizations
7) Minimum average tenure of seven years
8) Has effectively managed several operational and ancillary departments simultaneously
9) Preferably reared in a smaller, rural town and has a strong desire to live in a community such as Van Wert.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a resume/application to Human Resources. 14006