What to Bring to the Hospital
Important Paperwork Checklist
Please bring the following information with you to the hospital on the day of your admission, on the day of your surgery, and for pre-admission testing. This will help the admission process go smoothly.
- Complete list of all medications you are taking. This list should include prescription, over-the-counter medications and your vitamins and herbal supplements.
- Any reports your doctor gave you to bring to the hospital.
- Medical insurance information, including insurance cards, pre-certification, and other documentation required by your insurer.
- Photo ID, such as a driver’s license or passport.
- List of telephone numbers of your immediate family that we can call, if necessary.
- Bring a list of your allergies. It is important to let your doctor and nurse know if you have any allergies, especially to medications and food, and/or to other substances.
For Your Comfort Checklist
- Personal toiletries, such as a comb, brush, your own shampoo, soap, toothbrush, and toothpaste
Your own pajamas or nightgown, bathrobe, and slippers
- Reading glasses
- Books and magazines
What to Leave at Home
- Do not bring any electrical appliances to the hospital. They are not allowed except in special circumstances.
- Please leave all your valuables at home. Items such as jewelry, expensive clothing, or other costly items should not be brought to the hospital. The hospital is not responsible for the loss of or damage to any personal property kept in your room. If an item must be secured, please ask your nurse assist you.