Visitors can be good medicine for patients. Family members and friends are welcome to visit at any time. There are no specific visiting hours at Van Wert County Hospital. However there may be occasions when visitors are asked to move to a waiting area. If this occurs, it is for the immediate well-being of the patient. More information regarding visitation is included in our Patient Rights and Responsibilities
Following are general reminders for our visitors:
- Visitors may not smoke in patient rooms or anywhere in the hospital or outside hospital grounds.
- Visitors must dress appropriately and must wear shirts and shoes.
- No more than two visitors are allowed at the bedside at one time. Visitors in semi-private rooms should be considerate of both patients.
- People with colds, sore throats or any contagious diseases should not visit patients.
- Visitors should maintain a quiet environment and avoid unnecessary noise.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests or treatments or when the doctor or nurse needs to see the patient.
- Visitors should check with nurse before giving food or drink to the patient.